OK mama’s, I’ve got you covered. I mean that literally- with swimwear that has some ample coverage where it’s needed. I’d like to have a word with whoever started the trend of cheeky swimwear. My cellulite does not thank you.
Being in my “4th trimester” I was looking for a swimsuit that would help me to feel comfortable and confident this summer.
My three requirements were:
- good support in the chest and is easy to nurse in
- hides postpartum belly stretch marks, loose skin, or in my case that lingering linea nigra pregnancy line
- good coverage in the backside
Here are 5 swimsuits that are nursing friendly, flattering, and super cute! Best of all, everything is under $35!! I linked all the items and descriptions below the photo.
Who says that you have to sacrifice style to get flattering and practical swimwear?1.J.Crew Factory peplum tankini– the flowy cut of this swim suit looks so flattering for the fourth trimester post baby belly. This could be a really cute option for (early) pregnancy as well! The halter v-neck would work well for nursing
2. J.Crew Factory high waisted swim bottoms– pair the tankini with these high waisted swim bottoms and you’ve got extra support and coverage!
3.Gap factory striped one piece -Oh hello, nautical navy stripes! I adore this suit. It’s got removable padding (so nice for nursing) and the ruched fabric on the stomach makes it flattering!
4. H&M shape swimsuit– I own this swimsuit in burgundy and I’m obsessed. It’s not sold in my color anymore, but I love this new floral pattern! It also comes in dark grey. It keeps me tucked in in all the right places and the cut is just perfect! It’s fully lined and has light removable padding in the bust.
Here’s how I styled it with my favorite white tassel earrings:
5. Old navy ruffle top This is a great option for if you love the bikini look but still want some coverage! The ruffle top is super cute and would be flattering for a nursing chest (really- a lopsided chest- #nursingproblems) 😉
6. Old navy high waisted swim bottoms I tried these bottoms on in store and they hit perfectly at the smallest part of your waist. SO cute! I love it in this blood orange color, but it comes in several other colors and patterns!
7. Target gingham swimsuit The ties on the shoulder of this suit are really cute but also practical for nursing! It’s a great option if halter neck style suits are not your favorite, and again, that ruching in the stomach helps conceal any tummy insecurities. And It’s in my current favorite pattern!
Don’t underestimate the power of a good swimsuit.
It can help you feel beautiful, confident, and excited to enjoy the sunshine and water with loved ones! What types of things do you look for when purchasing a new swimsuit? Leave me a comment and let me know!