If you’ve been following along my posts for a while, by now you know I love a good self tanner! I’ve written a couple posts on this topic including my self tanning routine and tested out a number of different products with varying price points. A couple months ago I picked up another product and that I had been dying to try!
Click on the image to shop:
Per the website description,
Loving Tan 2HR 2 HR Express Self Tanning Mousse gives you a natural looking tan within minutes. The salon inspired formula provides you with an immediate color, while developing into a deeper, darker tan which can be washed off after 2 hours! The color guide technology ensures an easy, streak free application every time. It is both quick drying and deliciously fragrant.
I use the Dark mousse, but I also linked the medium mousse above if you have a light-med skin tone! Here’s a quick review now that I’ve used it for a while:
- EASY APPLICATION: with all self tanners, if you’re not careful you can get streaks and “oops” spots, this one is no different. But it is very easy to put on!
- SMELLS GREAT: As I’ve mentioned in previous self tanner posts, I’m super sensitive to the distinct self tanner smell. I can’t stand it! This one has a strong scent to it, especially as you’re putting it on. But it’s a lovely scent and isn’t the dreaded self tanner smell.
- ZERO “STICKINESS”- this is the first product I’ve used that has no sticky feeling instantly after you apply. major bonus.
- LASTING TAN: I self tan about once a week, for me I feel like it lasts a good 4 days before I notice it fading. It fades evenly. (*the length and quality of fading are not just from a good product, it’s also dependent on whether or not you exfoliate 24 hours before application and regularly moisturize)
- COST: it is the most expensive self tanning product I’ve used. I’m a huge budget friendly fashion and beauty girl, but there are certain products worth the investment. Self tanners is one of them (if nothing else, again, to not have the self tanning smell!). I do however feel like I’m putting liquid gold on myself and sometimes think I skimp because I want it to last!
- “EXPRESS TAN”? not so much: The whole reason why I got this was because I was tired of having to wear my self tanner to bed. With the other products I used, you apply at night, let it set while you sleep and then rinse of the excess in the morning. This is supposed to work in 2 hours. Maybe it’s because I have more of an olive skin tone already and I want a deep dark tan, but it takes more like 4-5 hours for me to get the results I want. So I’ve ended up just putting it on at night before bed and rinsing off in the morning anyways. The no stickiness to the product makes it not too bad though!
Here’s to happy (and sunless safe) tanning!